News: Web Updates
Web Changes (Updated April 29, 2011)
This page is where we'll announce the most recent additions and changes to
our web site. If you've visited us before and want to know what's changed, take
a look here first. These are listed in the order of most recent first.
- We regret that Keith McDermott has left Post Mixing permanently as of the end of January 2011. All webpages about Keith have been removed (April 29, 2011).
- Changed News page - adding two new mixing seminars for the later part of 2011 (Nov. 21, 2010).
- Added 3 publications with links to the articles (Nov. 2, 2010).
- FINALLY, added a side-view of a tank and impeller with nomenclature (Oct. 18, 2010).
- We are overhauling the Mixing Forum - Mixing Processes and Phase Properties live. The complete change over may take up to 2 weeks (Sept. 30, 2010). If you get somewhere, and it looks broken or incomplete, please come back in a little while for the finished product. We are sure you will like the improvements (Sept. 13, 2010).
- Added pdf-files of two recent publications on the News page and the Syllabus of the Pharmaceutical Mixing Course offered at Stevens Institute of Technology (Sept 7, 2010).
- Added information of Keith McDermott, who has done all of the experimental work for Post Mixing since 2002 behind the scenes, including building the laboratory at his facility. If you tell Keith something cannot be done, he will not rest until he accomplishes the impossible. (Sept. 4, 2010)
- Updated the News page (Sept. 4, 2010)
- Keith Johnson and Tom Post helped a client with a new patent (added on Sept 4, 2010)
- Contact Us has been changed (Aug. 22, 2010) to include a form for getting additional information from us. The old method allowed webbots to discover our email addresses and send us tons of spam.
- We have added a Search bar (Aug. 22, 2010) in the Post Mixing banner on each page, so you can find what you are looking for quickly. It isn't quite working to our satisfaction, so if you use this feature, you will see improvements in the near future.
- We have added a whole new home page and logo (Aug. 1, 2010). The Industries listed will soon be linked (one-by-one) to new pages describing the importance of mixing in those industries and how we can help you optimize those processes.
- New phone number for Post Mixing on Feb 28, 2005. +1 (585) 507-4318. See Contact Us.
- All of our secure client web pages have been removed on Feb. 2, 2005. If you
need yours back, please let us know by
- Post Mixing computer was replaced on Jan. 31, 2005. Requires revamping the entire site. Stay tuned for
significant changes in the next couple of months. You might see a few odd pages until everything is fixed.
- New associate Alberto Aguilar joins Post Mixing (April 10, 2004)
- We are starting to add information on Static
Mixers. We have heard that they are also referred to as baffle mixers or motionless mixers. Typically found in pipes,
these are different than the
pipe mixer we described earlier. (April 10, 2004)
- Some new thoughts on
solids suspension in the
macro area. (Jan 20, 2004)
- We are sorry if you had any problems accessing our site on Jan. 6, 2004. For unknown reasons we lost our header and links
to all of our pages and it took about 4 hours to get them all back. If you are having problems with a specific page,
it is possible we missed it.
- Next big push will be solids
suspension in the solid-liquid
area. Have you had a problem with solids suspension? A war story? A problem still plaguing you? Did you use correlations
and they didn't work? Or do you have a correlation that has always given you the right answer, regardless of tank and
particle size? Please email us with your story or reference. We will write a critical review of what's out there soon (Dec 5, 2003)
- Added a new answer to a question from a visitor at FAQ(Dec 3, 2003)
- Determine fluid
forces on your baffles, baffle plates, and other internals (Dec 2, 2003)
- More CFD services offered (Dec 2, 2003).
- Updated the News-Page(Dec. 2, 2003) and other minor additions.
- Update the individual impeller pages (RT,
to include the turbulent power and flow numbers (Nov 11, 2003)
- New top navigational button added: Help. There will be some help suggestions here to help this site (now 145 web pages and 366 print page lengths) and find what you
are looking for. There will also be help on how to use other ways of finding what you are looking for. Coming Soon (Nov 5, 2003)
article on how to use CFD to assist in the design of
liquid-liquid solvent extraction
mixer-settler pumper impellers for copper SX, nickel SX, uranium SX and other rare earths. (Nov. 2, 2003)
- Updated the About Us section to better reflect the composition of Post Mixing.
Instead of just email linking to Pete Csiszar and Keith Johnson, you can now read about them first. (Oct 28, 2003)
- Added more information and pictures to the Tank Section. Like to thank Philadelphia Mixers
for their photos of side-entry mixers and their orientation in a tank (Oct 28, 2003)
- The Tank Section finally got some attention, too. Still a work in progress,
but we are making progress. If you have pictures of different head shapes (ASME, semi-elliptical, spherical, conical, flat), or
pictures of mixers on horizontal tanks and you like to see them here with links to your site please let us know. (Oct 23, 2003)
- The Nomenclature Section has been enhanced with a
schematic of a tank with some explanations in a
side-view(Oct 23, 2003).
- Finally, we made some progress with coils. If you were interested in this
subject before, you were surely disappointed. We still have lots of work to do, but it is starting to take some
shape. If you have any suggestions or examples that you would like us to share with the world, please
contact us (Oct 23, 2003).
- Pfaudler has informed us of their latest
baffle design for their glass-lined tanks, because our description of
baffles for glass lined vessels on our baffle
page was out of date. They introduced it at ACHEMA 2000 and there
is a good chance you haven't heard about them yet, either. Take a look
at how this C-baffle
reduces the swirl and decreases the mixing time. We have also included
all of their current baffle designs for glass-lined tanks (Oct 23, 2003).
- Addition of a literature reprint area for
invited users. This area will be populated with the best mixing
literature, not just ours. This area is only available to current
clients and are reprints of the literature we cite in our reports to
them. If we get more requests to be a user, we will consider opening
up part of this area to the general public. (Oct. 10, 2003)
- Major addition to Post Mixing:
Mixing in a pipeline studied in great detail. Over 30 web-pages added to this site.
2 Line Blenders and 2 In-Line Mixers studied.
Power numbers, power,
drops and distribution,
time distributions and more. CFD
and evaluation. See some
and lots of graphs. More to come in a few days. (Sep 18, 2003)
- Added information on the various
types of vessels mixers are found on (Sep 18, 2003)
- Updated the list
of publications with links to areas on this web site (Sep 16, 2003)
- Updated the News Page (Sep. 15, 2003).
- This website was hijacked by PsychoPhobia Crew (We're R0NiN . _dDoS_ .SpyBoy) on Sep 7, 2003.
- Estimated Flow Numbers, Nq for the radial
flow impellers using the 1/3rd power rule (Aug. 29, 2003).
- Minor changes to the News Page and changes to
Protected Client Only pages (Aug. 25, 2003).
- Updated the Home
page and graphical navigator buttons at the Mixing
Nomenclature, and a picture
of the RT12 (Aug. 2, 2003).
has been added to the impeller
or Propellors, LIGHTNIN A210,
A305, A310, A510, LIGHTNIN
A320 and A340 impellers. (July 27, 2003)
impellers added courtesy of Pete Csiszar. We now have drawings of the
R320 pumper impeller for Solvent Extraction or SX markets. This is
a curved bladed pumper as opposed to the straight bladed Holmes
& Narver pumper. We also added another category of radial
impellers. These are radial impellers without a central disk and are
often called paddles (July 25, 2003).
- Created a jumping point to all CFDs
and CFMs on this site in the Mixing
Forum. Our CFD library has grown and will continue to grow thanks
to the tireless efforts of Keith
Johnson. They are located throughout the site where they belong
based on the process discussed. This page puts them all conveniently
together for those CFD thirsty seekers. (July 25, 2003)
- Revamped the Home Page (July 25, 2003)
- Created a trip report section
of mixing companies. See what we have to say about
Mixers and LIGHTNIN. (July 22, 2003)
general categories of flow
patterns, which help in the determination of proximity
factors (July 12, 2003)
an example of a Line
Blender (mixing in a pipe) (July 8, 2003)
- Added details of our CFM
and CFD capabilities (July 8, 2003)
- Minor changes to references
of Turbo-Rührwerke in Germany
(July 8, 2003)
from the NAMF conference have been added (June 22, 2003)
and Service in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (June 1, 2003)
- Updated the Table of Contents to reflect the
most recent changes (May 16, 2003)
- Added pictures of PR and A310
impellers (May 13, 2003)
- a new section is being added to the Mixing
Forum (May 6, 2003)
- Take a look again at the Impeller
Page and the subordinate pages. There are more impellers added
almost every day (May 5, 2003).
- a new section has been added to the Mixing
Forum (April 27, 2003)
more impellers have been added to the Impeller
Page and the data on these impellers is starting to fill out. Extra pages have been created which are devoted to describing
more data and
information on the RT,
and PBT (April
- a new section has been added to the Mixing
Forum (April 23, 2003)
- An article covering down-pumping
axial flow hydrofoils for fermentations and biochemical process has been
added to the mixing forum under solid-gas-liquid
micro level mixing (April 23, 2003)
- A CFD animation has been added to
the mixing forum (April 16,
2003). This one is mixing with a pitched bladed turbine in a down-pumping
mode and the liquid to mix in is at the surface. Since the two liquid
phases are miscible, they are in the miscible
fluids section of macro
- A better 3D image of the R300
has been added to Article1
thanks to P. Csiszar (April 12, 2003).
- The Product and Service
sides of CFD usage has been updated with better explanations. The table
of contents has been modified to reflect all of the recent changes
(April 11, 2003).
- A CFD animation has been added to
the CFD Products page (April 10,
- The search page has been improved and better
explained (April 8, 2003).
- A new item has been added to the products
page. As long as they are available, Dr. Post's doctoral
thesis is for sale (4/2/03).
- Brief descriptions of each of the 6 mixing categories has been added to
Properties page of the Mixing
Forum to make identifying where your mixing process fits easier. They have been linked
to their respective 12 macro and micro level mixing
- As the website is growing, it was apparent that the file structure was not
adequate and had to be changed. This change caused many pages that
have already been indexed by web search engines to be Not Found. A new Not Found page has
been created that has many current links to
the Post Mixing website. Another complication has been that
Windows based servers don't differentiate file and folder names that are
capitalized or not. The Post Mixing website is on a Unix based
server and capitalization does make a difference. If you have visited
us before and got a Not Found page, that may have changed with this
latest update. All hyperlinks should be working, with the exception of
some result links from the Search
- The Table of Contents TOC.htm
automatically generated page was removed after a custom-made table
of contents was created. The problem was that Search engines like
Google, Yahoo!, HotBot, iWon, Lycos, and Excite were often pointing to TOC.htm.
If you clicked on that hyperlink, you would get a File Not Found error and
not find this site. So TOC.htm
has been added back to the website, but is only reached by one of these
Search Engines or by clicking on one of these TOC.htm
hyperlinks. An explanation to this effect has been added to TOC.htm
- A new service was added to the Service page, called Other
Lab Assistance. A separate explanation of this service will
appear soon (3/28/03).
- Definitions of mixing
have been added (3/26/03).
- A custom-made table of contents that shows
how everything is linked together (3/26/03).
- The left navigation frame has been removed and added above the page title
- The Mixing Forum now has its
structure built utilizing the concept of mixing application classes. We will be adding mixing topics as we go.
Most recent is the addition
of an article
on solvent extraction pumper mixers (3/25/03).
- The position of frames has been removed so that all browsers and screen
resolutions can view this website without scrolling left and right.
- The FAX is now available 24/7 (3/21/03).
- Several more publications were
added to the list (3/20/03).
- The patents have been all added and
hyperlinked to the US and German patent offices (3/21/03).
- The Services and Products
sections are done for now. (1/20/03)
- Fixed the information request sheets to include required fields. (1/19/03)
- CFD Analysis, Optimization
and Purchasing is now
done. Education has
been finished. (1/19/03)
- The Product Section is taking
shape. The Tank
Volume Calculator description, and the Inventory
program are now done. (1/18/03)
- Finally a better picture of Tom
- The Service Section now describes Troubleshooting,
- The Products Overview is finished. Working on CFD
- The Service Section is starting to take shape. Scale-Up
Hands are now complete. Working on Education.
- Added page on confidentiality.
- Helpful hints from John have been fixed. (1/16/03)
- I would remove the dash after your name in the header.
- I would say Dr. Post maybe instead. Replaced with Tom or Dr. Post
- On the news side you constantly refer to ""I""
- Does this form now work?
Yep, I am getting your inputs.
submitting, the only way to return to your site is ""return to
form"" can't you add a button saying return to Post Mixing?I don't know how else to do it at the moment, other than to
hit the BACK button in the browser.
try and see if you can make the comment field wrap. It's much easier to
read, than having to scroll horizontally. It does wrap on my browser (IE 6.0). Do you still have the
should be mandatory fields in your feedback, contact information.
Otherwise you'll never know who sends you stuff.
If I only knew how to do this. I am glad you didn't waste your
time filling yours out. I think I figured it out! Try it
Us" still has ConsultDrPost in it!
rid of your height and weight in your resume.
note. When I dragged the location of www.postmixing.com
onto my personal toolbar in Netscape (Version 4.79), the name
"ConsultDrPost" popped up, not Post Mixing. I wonder what
happens when you book mark it in Internet Explorer.
Should be fixed now, try it.
- The logo has changed to include Post Mixing in a larger font.
- The forms and search engine
are now working. (1/15/03)
- The company name has changed. It is no longer ConsultDrPost. It is now Post Mixing Optimization and Solutions.
The logo has
changed, but watch for an update on it. (1/15/03)
- The counter has been put back on the home page
and it works. (1/15/03)
- We have moved. If you are on home.rochester.rr.com/consultdrpost
please visit the new site at www.postmixing.com.
- A FAQ page has been added and will be updated
- The forms were not working because the FrontPage extensions were not
working properly. That should change soon. (1/13/03)
- A Contact Us link has been added at the top of each
- Services now comes before Products.
- The counter has been removed, since it doesn't appear to be working.
- The most obvious change is that the web now has a site about
- Services and Experiences will be added continuously.
- Several great apps are in executable form. If you know how to
publish programs (Excel with VBA programming and executable programs
written in VB 6.0) to the web, please let us know. Send an email to: